This dish is rated Pareve and can be eaten with meat or dairy meals.
- 9 - 10 inch frying pan
- 1 large bowl for mixing
- 1 large bowl for wetting matzo (optional)
- 1 fork
- Saucer or small bowl
- Measuring spoons
- 2 whole matzos
- 1 large egg or 2 egg whites
- 1 tbls. vegtable oil
- 2 tbls. water
- pinch of salt
Vegtable Topping Ingredients
- 2 - 3 mushrooms
- 1/4 red or green pepper
- Medium sized onion
- 2 tsp. Vegtable oil
- Break egg or egg whites into a large bowl.
- Add 2 tbls. water to eggs and stir.
- Place 2 matzos in the bowl containing water or wet under cold water faucet.
- Break into large pieces into egg mixture.
- Stir with fork.
- Let soak for 1 to 2 minutes to coat matzos.
- Heat frying pan a little, over medium for a few seconds till hot.
- Add oil and spread around.
- Carefully pour matzo mixture into heated frying pan.
- Let matzo mixture set.
- When it begins to turn lightly brown turn over with spatula.
- Don't worry if it breaks, it will still be fine.
- Fry on other side for 1 to 2 minutes.
- Lift with spatula and place on the plate.
Vegtable Topping Procedure
- Slice up 1/2 of the onion.
- Slice mushrooms.
- Cut up the red or green pepper into small squares.
- Heat frying pan a little on medium high.
- Add vegtable oil to cover pan.
- Add vegtables.
- Place heat back to medium.
- Stir quickly to lightly brown.
NOTE: 1 serving, can be served with cherry jam or vegtable topping.
Vegtable Topping can be doubled.