This dish is rated Pareve and can be eaten with meat or dairy meals.
- Large clear bowl
- Smaill bowl
- Measuring cup
- Melon Baller (optional for watermelon)
- 1-2 limes (to equal 1/2 cup of lime juice)
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 cup sugar or to taste
- 1 banana
- 1 pint blueberries
- 2 large nectarines or peaches
- 1 pint strawberries
- 1/4 watermelon
- 1 cup seedless grapes
- 1 kiwi fruit
- 12 Bing cheeries with stems
- In a small bowl squeeze lime to make half a cup of lime juice.
- Add 1/2 cup water and 1/2 cup sugar to lime juice.
- Stir until sugar disolves.
- Slice banana diagonally and add to lime juice mixture.
- In the large clear serving bowl, layer blueberries, but reserve 1/2 cup for later.
- Slice nectarines and strawberries
- Make 1 cup of watermelon balls by using a melon baller or cut into cubes.
- Peel and slice kiwi fruit.
- Layer nectarines and strawberries.
- Try to layer banana around the sides of the clear bowl.
- Add watermelon balls.
- Add grapes.
- Place 1/2 cup of blueberries on top with kiwi and cherries.
- Pour lime mixture over fruits.
- Cover loosley and chill.
- To serve ladle the fruit with the syrup in attractive bowls.
NOTE: Fruit salad is good with or without the dressing.
Tightly covered it will keep up to three days in the refrigerator.