- Sift the flour.
- Beat eggs slightly in bowl.
- Add flour to eggs alternately with water, stirring until a smooth very thin batter is formed.
- Put the frying pan on medium heat, and heat until hot enough for the batter to adhere to the pan but not hot enough to make batter bubble.
- Grease pan slightly on bottom and side with small piece of wax paper which has been dipped in margarine.
- Remove frying pan from heat and pour 3 tbs. of batter into frying pan.
- Tip pan in all directions so that batter forms a thin layer on the bottom.
- Cook on one side only until pancake gets slightly dry around the pan and leaves the sides of the pan.
- Flip the frying pan over to shake the pancake onto a clean towel, hitting pan against table top to loosen.
- Let cool.
- The pancake should be paper thin.
- To make filling, mash cheeses with fork.
- Add eggs, salt, sugar and cinnamon.
- Mix until light and fluffy.
- Place rounded tbs. of filling in center of each pancake.
- Fold sides to center covering filling and forming squares.
- Frying pan should be on medium high heat.
- When heated, add 2 tbs. margarine or vegetable oil.
- When hot, place blintzes fold-side down, and fry until golden-brown on each side.
- It may be necessary to add more oil or margarine as you keep frying other blintzes.
NOTE: Serve hot with sour cream sugar and cinnamon or pineapple or cherry preserves.