This dish is rated Pareve and can be eaten with meat or dairy meals.
- Large Pot with Cover
- 2 quarts baking dish
- 1 lb. carrots
- 5 sweet potatoes
- 1/2 cup dried prunes (optional)
- 1 cup orange juice
- 6 dried apricots
- 1 tbs. raisins
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. cinnamon
- 1 tsp. lemon juice
- 1/4 cup margarine
- Cut carrots into two inch pieces.
- Wash sweet potatoes, and place in pot for 10 minutes.
- Add carrots to pot, cook for another 10 minutes.
- Pour the water out of the pot (drain) potatoes and carrots until they are cool.
- Peel potatoes and cut into chunks, and place in baking pan with the carrots, apricots and raisins.
- Mix orange juice, honey, salt, cinnamon, and lemon juice in a separate bowl and pour evenly over all.
- Stir everything gently.
- Cut margarine in small pieces and place over all the ingredients.
- Cover with aluminum foil and bake in a pre-heated 350 degree oven for 30 minutes.
- Uncover, stir gently, and bake for another 10 minutes.
Note: Can be served as a side dish