This dish is rated Milchig and can be eaten with dairy meals only.
- 1 lb. Fillet haddock or cod
- 2 cups of water
- 1 can fat free evaporated milk
- 2 carrots diced
- 3 large potatoes peeled and cubed
- 2 medium onions sliced
- 2 tbs. Margarine
- salt and pepper
- Put fish into soup pot with water.
- Bring to a boil about 8 – 10 minutes over low heat just until fish is tender.
- Take fish out and put on plate.
- Add onion carrot and potato to pot.
- Cook until vegetables are tender.
- Add fish salt and pepper.
- Stir in can of evaporated milk and heat at a low setting.
- Stir occasionally and do not boil.
- Taste for seasoning.
Note: Serve with bread sticks or crackers.